Who is eligible to receive child support services?

Anyone who has a child support order, or wants to establish one, can apply for child support enforcement services. If paternity has not been established for your child/children, it will be established prior to a child support obligation being established. Custodial or noncustodial parents can apply for support services. Contact the Nelson County Child Support Office for a Non-Public Assistance application.

There are no fees for completing the application for services. There is a small fee for the case, ($25.00 per year) that is taken from the child support that is collected annually. Child support services are automatically provided to current and former recipients of K-TAP and medical assistance.